With weight management, it’s all about thinking outside of the box – the television box that is. Through BodyMedia’s partnership
with Panasonic, couch potatoes and TV fanatics everywhere can revamp and revitalize their routine (without stepping away from
the screen). Enabled by cutting edge Bluetooth® wireless technology, your BodyMedia FIT LINK Armband can communicate
with VIERA Connect enabled HDTVs to provide near real-time caloric burn and activity data with the BodyMedia FIT App
(Bluetooth USB adapter required). The App will update with live data from your LINK Armband. The new platform allows up to four
users to track their activity and calorie burn in real time simultaneously, while watching TV or playing video games. Additionally,
the Workout function allows you to create personalized programs based on caloric, activity or step targets and view this information
live. While using the App, you can continue to view TV programming. You can also change channels, volume or input source freely.
The BodyMedia FIT App for the VIERA Connect 2011 HDTVs is available for download free of charge in the VIERA Market.
As with any BodyMedia Apps, you must still have an active subscription to our online Activity Manager.
From the home screen, you can create user profiles. The App supports up to four user profiles.
You can always remove and edit profiles after set up.
Once you have created a profile by giving it a name and logging in with your Activity Manager credentials, follow the steps below to
pair your LINK Armband with the VIERA Connect HDTV:
- To put your LINK Armband in pairing mode, press and hold the LINK Armband button until you hear a beep. This is typically less than 5 seconds. Try not to hold the button much longer than five seconds. Holding the button down too long could reboot the Armband.
- Please be sure you are within 3 feet of the HDTV for successful pairing. The App will search for your Armband.
- Once your Armband is listed, select it and press OK to pair.
Note: Bluetooth USB adapter required. The following adapters are supported and are available for purchase through the VIERA
Connect market or Amazon.com:
- IOGEAR GBU421 Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter / GBU421
- IOGEAR Bluetooth USB Micro Adapter / GBU421W6
- IOGEAR Enhanced Data Rate Wireless USB Adapter / gbu321
Once paired, you can make selections within your profile. The App will indicate if it is currently linked to an Armband and, if so,
display your Armband’s battery status.
- Displays your profile name, current calories burned, activity, and step data from your LINK Armband.
- Calories consumed will be shown if you have already logged food for the day in the online Activity Manager or BodyMedia App on your mobile device.
- Sleep data will be shown once you have synced with the Activity Manager.
Create personalized workouts and see your calorie, step and activity data live.
- To start a workout, set a goal based on calories burned, steps, time, amount of moderate activity or amount of vigorous activity. You can also start an open-ended Quick Start workout.
- Workout screens display step and calorie graphs data for the last thirty minutes, updating every minute. Your current step count and step rate is updated every 5 seconds.
- For optimal Bluetooth connection, try to stay within 10 feet of your HDTV. If you go out of range, then come back into range, your Workout should resume.
- The picture below your data depicts your current activity level as a member of the animal kingdom. As you slowly start your day, you'll be greeted by a lethargic sloth. Start moving and the motionless sloth transforms into a tortoise. Continue to increase your activity and see the animals morph into a panda, a monkey and then a rabbit. Keep moving until you make it to the calorie burning king of animals - the hummingbird!
Current Workout based on Calories example:
Workout Summary Example
Status Update mode allows you to see periodic updates while watching full screen video. The update will appear at the interval rate selected.
- From Settings screen, navigate to the "Status Update Interval" screen or "Dismiss After" screen to control the Status Update settings.
- Select the Status Update interval from the following options: 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes and custom. 15 minutes is the default value.
- You can also select the duration for which the Status Update message appears from the following options: 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds and custom. 10 seconds is default value.
The system shows the Status Update widget when you launch Status Update mode. It includes the profile name with
today’s activity, steps taken, calories burned, activity level image.
- Status Update mode is identified by a BodyMedia logo in the bottom right corner of the screen.
For System Requirements and FAQ, click here.
By purchasing your BodyMedia FIT Armband, you’ve already make a giant stride toward leading a healthier life. Incorporating important health and wellness information into everyday TV viewing, the integration of BodyMedia expands the role of the television within the home, encouraging you to take additional steps toward changing your lifestyle, all within the comfort on your own home.
For more information on VIERA Connect, please visit Panasonic’s site.